Go Further with Food: National Nutrition Month
Food is Fuel!
Start your day with a healthy breakfast to help your body work for you. Choosing the right food can give you more energy or the day. The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics wants to help you find easy ways to get the benefits of healthy food and reduce food waste. This will help you eat well and save money. Here are some of the recommendations:
- Eat a variety of healthful foods from all of the food groups
- Think about the foods you have on hand before buying more
- Buy only what can be eaten or frozen within a few days
- Plan ways to use leftovers later in the week
- Be mindful of portion sizes.
- Be physically active most days of the week
Eat for fuel and be healthy. Your body will work for you
Contact Visiting Nurses of the Lower Valley for more information 860-767-0186